Out of all the types of flooring options available today, wood is often the most favored choice. If you’ve been considering getting wooden flooring for a while now, you might be interested to know some fascinating facts about the wooden floor to choose the right product for your home.
- There are five main types of wood floors: vinyl, laminate, parquet, solid, and engineered hardwood flooring. Wood floor types refer to how the material is put together, whether it is vinyl, synthetic wood, actual hardwood, or a wood composite with veneers. These types of wood floors give you a vast variety of options to choose from and match with any decor – traditional, modern, commercial, etc.
- Wooden floors not only gives a sense of luxury and elegance to your home but also increases the market value of your property. Prospective buyers tend to view homes with wooden floors as more expensive and more beautiful in comparison to carpeted floors. Investment properties will profit from the wooden flooring.
- Wood floors are the most environmentally friendly flooring option available. Unlike other flooring materials, wood floors reduce the amount of waste in our landfills because they can last for many generations, require fewer raw materials to produce than other flooring materials.
- Wood floors don’t harbor microorganisms and allergens such as mold, odors, dust, animal dander, pollen, particulate matter the way carpet does. While it is difficult to clean these from the carpet, merely mopping or vacuuming the wooden floor will remove any of these allergens. So, if you are bothered with allergies, replacing carpets with hardwood floors can help.
- Also, music sounds better in a room with wooden flooring. Hardwood flooring supports the flow of acoustic sound throughout your home.
All in all, if you’re thinking about upgrading your home, wood flooring is a great choice that comes with a long list of exceptional benefits.